Thursday, September 25, 2008

Part III: Help is here! - A Happy Ending

Challenges in life ARE our best teachers!
by Marie Dwyer-Bullock, Lake Chapala Mexico
www.focusonmexico.com


Important Note: Read Part I and Part II before reading Part III

Part I: Economic Slowdown north of the border aggravating sales.
Part II: Empowering ways to help sell your home north of the border. See it first with your heart and manifest it in reality.

Part III below: Attitude is everything. You will always get what you ask for. Thoughts are thinks, choose the good ones.

Below in Part III you will see the power of changing your thoughts. This isn't about positive thinking, as just thinking is not enough. You must shift your thoughts first, but then you must envision and then the real power comes with the feeling and imagining it happening. Then you can move mountains. I hope you enjoy the last blog of this series which reveals how changing how you react to what's happening around you, can change what's happening around you.


Response from client V… to Marie Marie and Kristina,

I am sitting here in tears. What good timing and I am so grateful that Kristina told you, Marie, about what is happening with me. I have had doubts about if I wanted to sell my condo, because it was my dream home and it is beautiful. Marie, after reading what you wrote I realized I am sending out very confusing messages. I do love my condo but it feels empty some how. It does not feel like home. It is pretty and I love the way I decorated it... but it does not feel like I belong here... I decided I will clean my place and get it ready for a showing because my realtor WILL call and I better be ready!

(ring ring... I was interrupted, just now as I am writing this with a phone call from my condo realtor assistant.. she wanted to tell me there is an appointment for a showing Wednesday morning at 10:30!) I am not joking, this just happened! She also told me several people called to inquire about it this weekend... and that their office has been really busy. She is such a positive person I enjoy talking with her. She was involved in my purchase of this condo last year... and she understands where I am coming from... she said "think positively... your condo will sell!" And I just thought about how wonderful it will be for someone to own this condo... it will fulfill someone else’s dream!

My ocean front house can fulfill a dream for another person too.. it is so affordable and has a lot of potential. I know there is someone who would love to look at the sunsets every night and walk to their boat at the marina one house down. There is a family considering it now.... and I pray that it would be a great home for them... if it will help them achieve their goals. See... I am visualizing how happy the new owners will be.

Now I will go and do as you suggest and visualize living in my beautiful home in Ajijic. Playing scrabble with friends, petting my dog, painting and making a difference some how.

Your email is so much what I needed to read. The universe, for me: God.... I understand faith and the positive thinking that you describe is one more tool to help me tell God what it is that I need... I have such a strong belief that Ajijic is where God wants me to be at this time in my life. Thank you both for caring!
Love from V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A follow up email from V…
(sent to Focus and bcc to everyone on her Focus program)

Every morning I wake up with a burning desire to move to Mexico. At times I have thought, oh... just be happy where I am and visit Ajijic a few times a year... get a job... bloom where planted... live in the moment.. yada yada yada.

In the evenings, I am OK with staying in Canada. Then I think about my friends (those on the Bcc line) who are living there, are in the process of moving there, or will move in the near future. I am so happy for those of you who are in the process and so grateful that you have shared your excitement with me. All of you are the type of people who enrich the lives of those who know you.

Kristina and Marie (from Focus on Mexico) you two are both powerful women who I think of when I get discouraged. You made up your minds when you wanted to move to Mexico and you let nothing stand in your way.

Sara, my Real Estate agent. You are an inspiration and I know when I move there that you will continue to be. The stories you have told me, about your life and relationship with the lord, really help me.

MY REQUEST
Quick update: I have had a couple of showings of my condo and three of my house in the past week that all went well. People here are really taking their time making decisions as there is so much available. As my realtor told me the saying is "The sellers are looking back and the buyers are looking forward". Buyers are hesitant to purchase anything that has not dropped in price significantly. So there are people who are interested in both properties. They are both incredible values as I have just dropped the price, again, on them.

So here is the thing…. Just kind of a fun experiment. Can you all just spend a minute visualizing me packing up and moving to Mexico? Think of me signing the papers to sell my homes… maybe both of them the same week! See me giving away a truck load of stuff to the Salvation Army. Can you see me meeting you at the plaza in Ajijic? Its Market day and we are all raving about the beautiful produce available in the winter! If you are inclined to pray… could you add a little prayer that find a way to move to Mexico before the end of November? I really need to be there.

LESSONS I HAVE LEARNED THROUGH ALL OF THIS
Patricia really helped me see this…. life is here, now, and we have to appreciate every minute. Life is not a balance sheet…. staying here because I hate to see the "Net Worth" drop due to selling my homes at a low point of the market….. that just seems foolish. Numbers on a paper are just that. It Is how you take what you have to support what is important to you that matters.

Now…. I hope I can fulfill someone else's dream of living on the ocean or Lake Okanagan by dropping my prices into the range they can afford!

God Bless you all.
V…
(I have attached my photo in case you need help with the visualization and have not seen me for a while!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to Marie’s request to be able to share this story
Hi Marie
Thanks and YES... do share this with anyone who could use the help. Marie, I had to realize that I have a choice. If I sell my property I can retire in Mexico and have money to travel, time to volunteer, time to be creative. How lucky is that? So many people simply do not have a choice. They have negative balance sheets and are slaves to paying off debt. To trade in those positive "numbers", on my balance sheet, for freedom is a gift I should not ignore. And.... I have my health today... who knows about tomorrow.
God Bless!
V…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes we need to help our clients help themselves and give them the support and encouragement to make their dreams come true. I hope this one client’s inspiration will inspire others and help them along their path.

No comments: